I know, I know, we have all made our New Year’s resolutions to be healthier in 2015 but you’ve got to treat yourself once in a while.
You’ll be whisked away to chocolate heaven as you dive into this bad boy!
Soufflé is basically a cooked mouse made out of two components; a french crème pâtissière and meringue- it should be light and fluffy.
It’ll rise high but will slowly deflated within 5-10 minutes so this is something to be eaten straight out of the oven.
What you’ll need to serve 4:-
1 tbsp softened butter
1 tbsp sieved cocoa powder
For the crème pâtissière:-
70g dark chocolate, chopped
3 egg yolks
1 ½ tbsp sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
For the meringue:-
3 egg whites
3 tbsp sugar
1) Brush the ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
2) Heat milk over low heat, turn off just before it boils and mix in the chocolate.
3) In a mixing bowl, stir together the yolks and sugar, then add the flour until fully incorporated.
4) Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir over low heat until thickened. Take if off the heat and leave to cool.
5) Whisk the egg whites and gradually add sugar until stiff peaks form.
6) Fold in the meringue mixture and pour into ramekins.
Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
Once out of the oven, crack it open and drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream into the centre.
I promise you will not be disappointed!
Now dig in and enjoy!