1. Be selfish. This is your life and no one else’s. You are responsible for your own happiness.
2. Accept what is done, is done and don’t dwell on the past. Don’t live in the future either, concentrate on the present.
3. Take an interest in the world around you. You are not the centre of the universe.
4. Don’t let people walk all over you. Speak up and stand up for yourself.
5. Dress like everyday is important. Make an effort! That day you disregard your appearance, you might meet a potential client, employer or partner.
6. Have a p l a n ..
7. .. But be flexible. Nothing is set in concrete, so be ready to change your plans accordingly.
8. Don’t be afraid to dream!
9. Live life purposefully. Find your purpose in life.. It can be as simple as being charitable, to teach, to be a great mother.
10. Have fun. LAUGH! Play! Smile! Explore!
11. Luke 6:31 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
12. Respect your elders, your siblings, other cultures, religions, race, the ill, disabled, poor and powerful.
13. But most importantly, respect yourself. Treat yourself, look after yourself, compliment yourself, celebrate you.
14. Surround yourself with positive people. Keep away from those that belittle you and your goals.
15. Have good manners.
16. Work at something without looking for a payoff.
17. Get out of your comfort zone. Try that hairstyle, wear that dress, travel alone, ask for his/her number, skydive!
18. Ask questions. It is never a stupid question. It is not a sign of weakness.
19. Quality over price. Always.
20. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. There is no need to harm the feelings of others. Remember rule no.11.
21. Don’t compare yourself to others. Why compare when we’re all different? Instead, share your experiences, your knowledge and offer help.
22. It’s okay not to know everything. We can’t all be Albert Einsteins, Marie Curies, and Stephen Hawkings!
23. Be the first to say sorry.
24. Life is a privilege. Thank God everyday that you get to open your eyes every morning.